Retractable Running Boards HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LUCKYUKON08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded to the power running boards from an oem denali or escalade. I came up on some and i dont know if its even possible. The power retractable running boards have a long wire attached to it but dont know what it connets to?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that on my buddy's Esky there is dash module that lets you control how you want the running boards to operate (whether you want them to stay in, or open automatically when the doors open, etc.). So, I'd imagine that at least ONE of the long wires you're talking about goes to the control module.

...And then you need to power the running boards too, so.... Maybe the wire's a lead to a power source....

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want that mod on my trucc badly too keep me posted if you swapp em out.

Me too... Kind of. They LOOK great (with the chrome strip and all), but there are some drawbacks, too:

1. The chrome strip can be dinged (check out some on eBay where they have been dinged to see that it must relatively easy to do). If someone kicked mine by accident getting in and dinged it, I'd be annoyed! LOL

2. When they're tucked underneath, they don't prevent road debris from kicking up on your paint like the fixed ones do.

3. The back corners of the end caps protrude into the wheel wells when tucked under, so that they will rub on the side walls of larger wheel's tires. My buddy just put 26"s on his Esky, and he can't turn his front wheels fully without hitting the cap corners. Went with a smaller tire and everything, but still has clearance problems. This ISN'T the case with the fixed steps.

So... Choose wisely, Grasshoppah!

07warwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u have an LTZ or equivalent model they come prewired for the retractable running boards

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think they all have the prewire i looked under my hood and seen a spot for the fuse alos noticed a spot for cool seating wonder if that would work if i add a fuse to it??

ChevyGirl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Me too... Kind of. They LOOK great (with the chrome strip and all), but there are some drawbacks, too:

2. When they're tucked underneath, they don't prevent road debris from kicking up on your paint like the fixed ones do.

3. The back corners of the end caps protrude into the wheel wells when tucked under, so that they will rub on the side walls of larger wheel's tires. My buddy just put 26"s on his Esky, and he can't turn his front wheels fully without hitting the cap corners. Went with a smaller tire and everything, but still has clearance problems. This ISN'T the case with the fixed steps.

So... Choose wisely, Grasshoppah!

:worship::worship:
I have 26"
so true, so true...............they rub on hard turns,
and the debris:Frustrated:

OP
OP
L

LUCKYUKON08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I HAVE THE BOARDS. THEY LOOK NICE W THE CHROME STRIP. I HAVE 24z ON MY 08 BLACK YUKON LS2 MODEL. THE BOARDS HAVE PIGTAILS FROM THE TWO SOLENOIDS AND THEN THERE IS A CONTROL MODULE WITH TWO CONECTIONS BUT I HAVE AM NOT SURE WHAT GOES TO THEM.