Reverse lights not working when shifted into reverse. Bulbs are good though.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcecarbldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My reverse lights will not come on when I put my 05 Yukon in reverse but they come on anytime I unlock the doors with my keyfob and stay on/turn off with the interior lights. I assume part is by design but I'm baffled about them not coming on when shifted into reverse? I put a new neutral safety switch in and still nothing. Any ideas?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gray wire coming out from the Park/N switch carries the signal to the BCM and tells the Backup lights when you are in R and for the relay to turn the lights on.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 11.28.13 AM.png

Inspect the connector and the wires coming from the Park/N switch back for any damage on connectors/pins or wires.

Maybe something got bent or pushed out of the connector when the Park/N switch was replaced?

OP
OP
rcecarbldr

rcecarbldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I spliced in a brand new connector for the neutral safety switch and installed a new switch. I get the 12 volts from the pin out on the connector and I even have power at the light green wire at the trailer hitch but nothing at the actual light bulbs. I just installed a new stereo head unit with a backup camera and wired it into that light green wire and it works perfectly when put in reverse. So i'm completely baffled as to why the bulbs won't light up. Even swapped in a new bulb just for giggles and still nothing.

OP
OP
rcecarbldr

rcecarbldr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone ever have an issue with the tail light circuit board that's attached to the inner quarter panel below the rear air? Wondering if that could be the issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1