Rocker Covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05dnlxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rusty 2005 Yukon XL. Vehicle isn't worth replacing the rockers the right way so I would like to cover them up so I don't risk getting tetanus from cutting my foot while getting in it and scraping it on the sharp edges of a rust hole. What should I consider? See lots of products for Silverado/Sierra crew cabs but they never list the Suburban or Yukon XL. Not sure why they would be any different. Would like to do something flexible and not metal not even sure if it exists but a similar material like they used to do for old square body chevy truck dash covers. Fords too. Stick on/glue on to cover up cracks except in this case to cover up rust holes. I'm sure if I've thought of it, it's already out there. Just having trouble finding what I'm looking for so if you know please let me know.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture would go a long way. Are you trying to just cover the jagged edges of the rust holes or actually trying to fill them up?
Some kind of bed liner comes to mind for rubberized coating.

OP
OP

05dnlxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picture would go a long way. Are you trying to just cover the jagged edges of the rust holes or actually trying to fill them up?
Some kind of bed liner comes to mind for rubberized coating.
I want to cover them completely up with rigid plastic slip on covers.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I knew a guy who slipped metal covers on his rotted lower sills. They were made exactly to hide the rust. Unfortunately he never told me where he bought them from--but they're made, so they're out there.

OP
OP

05dnlxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I knew a guy who slipped metal covers on his rotted lower sills. They were made exactly to hide the rust. Unfortunately he never told me where he bought them from--but they're made, so they're out there.
I think that may be what it already had done and then sprayed over with undercoat or bedliner but that too has deteriorated so I would like to find something that won't corrode so I'm looking for something ABS or plastic. They make them for the trucks crew cabs and extended cabs. I don't see why those couldn't be used or modified to work but would like to find out for sure before I go that route.