Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday’s project. My old kitchen table, an IKEA OG. I’d used it as an indoor work bench for years. It’s built from 2 x 2 knotty pine all glued into solid butcher block, legs too. Probably weighs close to 200 lbs. i remember when I bought it, I figured I’d never wear it out- just re-sand and stain. I found this great hard wax stain made in Turkey that made it look like a million bucks. I sent my daughter a pic and she didn’t realize that was the old kitchen table from when she was growing up.
Wow, awesome work Mark. That table looks great.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m working on outdoor projects now- paver patio, pergola, pond, etc. So far the pergola is fine mostly except for the lattice panels which I’ll build once I determine how much sun I want to let through into the pond area. The pergola is 16 x 22’ and I built it out of what most would call junk cedar as far as the 4 x 4’s go. The beams weren’t bad. I bought all the cedar for $200 and spent a week sanding it.

Attachments

• IMG_7266.jpeg
    IMG_7266.jpeg
    609.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7267.jpeg
    IMG_7267.jpeg
    527.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7273.jpeg
    IMG_7273.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7277.jpeg
    IMG_7277.jpeg
    563.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7280.jpeg
    IMG_7280.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 6

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m working on outdoor projects now- paver patio, pergola, pond, etc. So far the pergola is fine mostly except for the lattice panels which I’ll build once I determine how much sun I want to let through into the pond area. The pergola is 16 x 22’ and I built it out of what most would call junk cedar as far as the 4 x 4’s go. The beams weren’t bad. I bought all the cedar for $200 and spent a week sanding it.
Looks great Mark. Reclaimed wood is the best. Awesome job.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking good! I should do some kind of a shade cover on my deck -- it's open to the sun all morning and part of the afternoon. What's the material cover you have on it?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. @Fless the material is 80% shade cloth pre-made into 16’ x 20’ I got off Amazon. You can get different percentage of shade , I’ve seen them from 50- 90%. At 80 it’s pretty comfy under it, it’s a pretty good degree of shade imo. I don’t know how to share an Amazon item but here’s a screenshot. The brand was Campmac. It was only about $40.

Attachments

• IMG_1667.jpeg
    IMG_1667.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 5

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys. @Fless the material is 80% shade cloth pre-made into 16’ x 20’ I got off Amazon. You can get different percentage of shade , I’ve seen them from 50- 90%. At 80 it’s pretty comfy under it, it’s a pretty good degree of shade imo. I don’t know how to share an Amazon item but here’s a screenshot. The brand was Campmac. It was only about $40.

Excellent, Mark, and thanks! I'll check it out.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Interstate AGM has been giving up the ghost for the last 2 months and of course it was at 35 months, full warranty ended at 30. Still got the new one for 55% off so eh. The policy is for them to run a battery check which if course showed it was good. My tender is computerized and I trust it when it says the thing is bad. Plus if I leave the truck for 3 days it’s dead dead. So of course he started with the policy thing at which point I stated he’s got one chance to either keep or lose a customer because i know it’s bad,I don’t have time for this, and I’m buying a new battery today from somewhere else or from you at the warranty price- your choice. He happily sold me the damn thing at the 55% off of course.

Attachments

• IMG_7379.jpeg
    IMG_7379.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday was a bad day for The Beast. I hurt it pretty bad. I was having a rough morning and things were out of kilter in my world, not sure what it was. Everything seemed backwards for some reason. Anyway I ended up at Home Depot buying (6) 10’ PT 4 x 4 posts that must have been stored in a pond. I could barely lift each one. And since it was backwards day I had my 110 lb dog with me, which I never do when hauling lumber because it’s not comfortable for him. Which I realize is now a problem after I arrive at the truck with the cart. So I’m loading these without dropping the 60% side of the second row because that’s Kinjo’s seat. I was getting the first one situated up on the dash and as I pulled it forward the back dropped off the lift gate glass area where it had been sticking out through. The back of that 80 lb stick dropped and the front popped up into….mr windshield. Bam and I mean bam. HUGE star 18” across. It’s done. So I get quotes from several places including the small glass shop that did my Silverado for $200 back in2018. They wanted $450 for this one. Safelite was cheapest at $287 out of and then I found a $60 coupon code so the total was $227. Paid and scheduled for next Monday. Pretty cheap especially nowadays and that’s on-site service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
titalizzi