Rough Country 3.5 inch lift - thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait so u have the leveling kit and 3.5" kit in at the same time? Or did 3.5" kit replace the leveling kit?

OP
OP
08z71tahoe

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new kit replaced the leveling kit... the link that is on this tread to the guys z71 that had this kit and the 2" body kit... u can see in a pic that he still has the leveling kit installed up front.

boudreaux

Reaction score
i like how it retains the factory shocks... just wanted to see if its crap or not.

Looked at that one as well and talked to my local 4 wheel parts store. They don't carry it, and were not very impressed with it.

It's cheap because of the material of which it is made, according to them. Not something that is going to compare to the $125+ lifts, and probably won't last as long.

I decided to pass on it.

OP
OP
08z71tahoe

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its made out of steal. i don't do any hard core off roading, actually i dont do any off roading. the lift is only for looks, so i wont have an issue w/ it, but the reason its inexpensive is because the lift is achieved using spacers.

kit consists of the following:
Front: Strut spacers, upper control arms, ball joints, and hardware.
Rear: Coil spacers/retainers, lower shock relocation brackets, extended sway-bar links and hardware.

The 4" and 6" kits that cost 2K+ because they replace all the springs, shock's, control arms, sway bars etc. I really didnt want to change the way it rides.

OP
OP
08z71tahoe

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines a 2WD so no need to drop a diff that doesn't exist... i meant the rear sway bar buddy

that link was 2 a sweet kit man...

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

wow, they have a 10" & 15" kit on that site... $7,500 w/ out shocks

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would still need it because the control arms attach to it.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

I can't find the 2wd SUV on my phone but the front is the sane as this Kit.

http://fullthrottlesuspension.com/i...ft-kits/2wd-trucks/2007-2012-chevy-gmc-1500/7

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Another example except it is a 4" and says it is for a 4wd but I see no reason it wouldn't work on a 2wd.

http://www.cstsuspension.com/products/sfID1/7/sfID2/10/sfID3/77/productID/352

OP
OP
08z71tahoe

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that CST kit, but its 1300 plus shocks... i think the kit i got is a good midway incase i decide to go bigger.

nath

Reaction score
thoughts on suspension lift

still nobody?

Hey man, I put the coil spacers on rear and spacer for front and it only cost like 299 it lifted my truck for plenty of room to run 305/70/17 and I am now waiting for them to wear enough to justify 315/70/17s I may have to trim the front wheel wells, but I got room to spare in the rear.
I am very pleased... with a real suspension lift you are not going to go any higher than 315s because of wheel well gap will not be up enough and you will still have to trim.
Just my 2 cents
Nath

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I put the coil spacers on rear and spacer for front and it only cost like 299 it lifted my truck for plenty of room to run 305/70/17 and I am now waiting for them to wear enough to justify 315/70/17s I may have to trim the front wheel wells, but I got room to spare in the rear.
I am very pleased... with a real suspension lift you are not going to go any higher than 315s because of wheel well gap will not be up enough and you will still have to trim.
Just my 2 cents
Nath

By real lift what size are you referring to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Turrentine