Rough idling 07 Yukon Denali...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 07 Denali has 28K miles and the dealer said the rough idle was a dirty throttle body that was not covered under warranty because it was maintenance. Keep us posted on what you guys learn on this issue.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
Any of these trucks have a BB tune on them?

Mine 07 Tahoe with 81K has no problems whatsoever with idle or anything. Just hearing you guys and seeing what you're saying it sounds most likely an IAC issue.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Tried to tell them Cotahoe......
BTW have you always had an 07, thought you had an older model?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Any of these trucks have a BB tune on them?

Mine 07 Tahoe with 81K has no problems whatsoever with idle or anything. Just hearing you guys and seeing what you're saying it sounds most likely an IAC issue.

ITs the 6.2 liter not the 5.3 thats having issues.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 09 Yukon Denali XL is brand new and I noticed it is very smooth. I have the 6.2L in my Vette and it has a "rough" idle since new although it feels right in that car. It also has a rated 27 more HP.

Use a top brand for gas. I also notice the 6.2 recommends premium. Never fall for the throttle body cleaning or whatever crap the dealer sells. It is basically a bottle of techron and something that resembles the carb cleaner of awhile back.

Rosko

Reaction score
I have a semi rough idle, 2007 with 82k miles. It runs great, but idle has the bump. Funny I told my wife "it feels/sounds like it has a performance cam" on the test drive. It did have a K&N CAI, so not sure what the previous owner did.

It sure doesn't seem to affect performance or be a real problem. Generally if you need a spark plug replaced or something along those lines, the engine will run like crap all through the RPM range, at least from my experience.

Anyone try replacing plugs or adjusting anything to smooth it out?

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, 08 5.3 iron block, plugs, wires, seafoam, new air filter, on vehicle injector cleaning, throttle clean, maf clean, all sensors in spec, no codes, no misfires on scanner, FRIGIN crazy......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968