Rubbing on new 24s??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was rubbing a lot at full lock on 305/45/22 dropped the tire PSI down to 38 from 45 and i noticed less rub at full lock also a better ride.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 305/35/24's on an 08 Tahoe and they rubbed only in reverse/full lock... looks like it's a common trend :)

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
There is a fix for this. Get 2 of Dorman 711-916. They are ¼” wheel spacers. Install one spacer on each wheel. Each pack comes with 2 spacers. Cost will be $55-60 total. After install you will not be able to tell a difference in appearance unless you really study it. Even then, anybody who looks at your truck won't be able to tell the difference. I found that my rubbing was only happening on the sway bar. That's likely why you don't see anything on the wheel well liners.

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
There is a fix for this. Get 2 of Dorman 711-916. They are ¼” wheel spacers. Install one spacer on each wheel. Each pack comes with 2 spacers. Cost will be $55-60 total. After install you will not be able to tell a difference in appearance unless you really study it. Even then, anybody who looks at your truck won't be able to tell the difference. I found that my rubbing was only happening on the sway bar. That's likely why you don't see anything on the wheel well liners.

Thanks. I heard about spacers too but I wasn't sure if it was needed. How difficult is the install for spacers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate