Running Boards 2017 Premier - Need Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustinMKN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe a topic beaten to death already, but I was able to get a year or two more out of my 2017 driver side by lubing and cleaning. However recently that didn't seem enough, so I pulled the trigger with a $200 amazon motor/hinge replacement. (First tried motor only, but it was rusted and seized up so went with the whole assembly). I've replaced it and it worked a few times and now its back to "extending" but not retracting, moves about a half inch then stops. So Frustrating, Anyone else have suggestions on how to Triage? I cant find any material on sensors/adjustments/thresholds (Reprogram or reset the torque threshold). Going to see if maybe I didnt tightened some bolts some where and its out of alignment but looks fine. Anyone have any other triage? I've tried lubrication again and "Helping it" close with my foot multiple times to get it to cycle but I'm still at a loss. May have to replace the motor yet again but trying to do that as a last resort.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a silly question but have you tried to remove the motor and close it manually? Then reinstall the motor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1