Seafoam didnt smoke???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkstop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all. Im a newbie to the forum but not at all to GM. Just seafoamed my 06 tahoe 5.3 Z56 police package... since the plugs and wires are getting done on monday... Anyway i put a full can in gas tank, half can in vacuum line that everyone else on here used behind drivers side spark plugs, and put the other half of that can in the oil (changing oil in 50miles)... I shut the truck off right away, as i did all my other cars... Let it sit for 30mins and started her back up. NO WHITE SMOKE. Had a rough idle for a minute or two but after i took it for a quick spin it still didnt smoke or anything. Noticed improvements immediately. Just thinking that it was so dirty i may have to seafoam the vacuum line a 2nd time? Not sure. Has this happened to anyone else on here? Truck has 145k on it, just bought it last week. Judging by the filthy air filter im guessing the internals had no cleaning whatsoever and may just need a second dose of seafoam.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put 1/3 can through vaccum line off brake booster as well, if you can pick up the deep creep spray and spray into throttle body as well. Do them seperate let em each soak then run them

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first time I SF'ed my truck it didn't smoke at all, but every other time I've done it it has!!

OP
OP
J

jkstop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
as long as im not the only one... i got worried for a second there... gonna try to find the seafoam spray tomorrow so I can clean the throttle body and all before my oil change and spark plug change monday. Thanks for the replies

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first bought my tahoe I seafoamed it but it plugged my cat so I had to replace them. I'm pretty sure it was partially clogged before so I know for a fact it works and loosened up some crap

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as im not the only one... i got worried for a second there... gonna try to find the seafoam spray tomorrow so I can clean the throttle body and all before my oil change and spark plug change monday. Thanks for the replies

Yeah, you aren't the only one for sure!! Also, next time you do the seafoam through the intake (brake hose), clean out your intake and MAF while you are letting it sit for the 10 minutes or so, you will have the time so why not!!

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoamed my Yukon last week. First time ever and it smoked only a little, not like on the youtube videos. 99000 miles on her, getting her ready for plugs, wires, and the whole shebang at 100,000 miles. i have been running e 85 on her, and they say it helps keep everything clean in the engine(less carbon buildup), so maybe thats why. I did see an improvement in they way she runs after i did it. Even did a mild burnout the other day.:shocked:

l2yan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Im a newbie to the forum but not at all to GM. Just seafoamed my 06 tahoe 5.3 Z56 police package... since the plugs and wires are getting done on monday... Anyway i put a full can in gas tank, half can in vacuum line that everyone else on here used behind drivers side spark plugs, and put the other half of that can in the oil (changing oil in 50miles)... I shut the truck off right away, as i did all my other cars... Let it sit for 30mins and started her back up. NO WHITE SMOKE. Had a rough idle for a minute or two but after i took it for a quick spin it still didnt smoke or anything. Noticed improvements immediately. Just thinking that it was so dirty i may have to seafoam the vacuum line a 2nd time? Not sure. Has this happened to anyone else on here? Truck has 145k on it, just bought it last week. Judging by the filthy air filter im guessing the internals had no cleaning whatsoever and may just need a second dose of seafoam.

Did mine as well, had 140k miles and not as much smoke as I was expecting when watch all those youtube vids. Here's a link to the quick vid I took of the results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBUDpZJwC1I

prosts1003

Reaction score
i have done it twice and i noticed that the amount of smoke also depends on how much seafoam u pour/suck in the first time i did it i got a desent amount of smoke and i did it kind of slow but the second time i was in a hurry and it was smoking like crazy as i was doing it but it also sounded like the motor wanted to come out of the truck and run away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts