Seat covers for 2017 Tahoe LT Airbag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jane S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to purchase seat covers for a 2017 Chevy Tahoe LT

Are the airbags in the side of the seats?

Thanks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I have side air bags in my seats on my 2007 truck, so I would assume that you have side air bags in your 2017 truck. You can still replace the seat covers, just make sure that you disconnect the battery before proceeding with the job. I've got a bottom seat cover and cushion from the Seat Shop arriving later today.

OP
OP
J

Jane S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I have side air bags in my seats on my 2007 truck, so I would assume that you have side air bags in your 2017 truck. You can still replace the seat covers, just make sure that you disconnect the battery before proceeding with the job. I've got a bottom seat cover and cushion from the Seat Shop arriving later today

I have side air bags in my seats on my 2007 truck, so I would assume that you have side air bags in your 2017 truck. You can still replace the seat covers, just make sure that you disconnect the battery before proceeding with the job. I've got a bottom seat cover and cushion from the Seat Shop arriving later today.
Thank you for the welcome and responding .. I need to rephrase… I’m shopping for canvas car seat covers to go on my original leather seats. Some say it’s not compatible. Husband says doesn’t matter. My concern if it prevents from deploying . These are the ones on their now with manual page and photo of truck

Attachments

• IMG_4487.jpeg
    IMG_4487.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4489.jpeg
    IMG_4489.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4488.jpeg
    IMG_4488.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 3

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your model truck came with both leather and fabric seat cover options, I believe that you will be OK. It is hard to believe that there are separate specs for air bags used for leather sweat covers and fabric seat covers. You can call your local dealer and see if the air bag part number is the same for both seat cover options.

OP
OP
J

Jane S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your model truck came with both leather and fabric seat cover options, I believe that you will be OK. It is hard to believe that there are separate specs for air bags used for leather sweat covers and fabric seat covers. You can call your local dealer and see if the air bag part number is the same for both seat cover options.
No only leather I’m covering them with canvas

OP
OP
J

Jane S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It only the factory leather

I’m buying these to go over them to protect the leather for spills etc

I’ll figure out how to adjust the straps for the side airbag

Forum statistics

Threads