Seattle area Yukon help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsxrcop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 98 Yukon that I have been having problems with and would like to know if anyone from the Seattle area can take a look at it. I would rather have someone who has experience working on these vehicles and the past problems they have encountered instead of taking it to a regular shop to troubleshoot.
Thank you for any help.

OP
OP
G

gsxrcop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I have had this truck for 10 years and it has run great no problems. Just recently I was changing the oil and noticed coolant in the oil. Inside the filler cap and all. I didn't notice much coolant loss prior to that.

Anyway, it started to overheat and decided it may be the head gaskets, changed those and 1 mile down the road the motor seized. I found a local engine builder and replaced the motor. About a hundred miles on the new engine I noticed coolant in the oil :(

This lead me to this site and ended up replacing the upper and lower intake gaskets. This seems to have fixed the coolant problem but the truck has never really run good since putting in the new engine. Feels sluggish and lacks power, feels like it may be misfiring or the timing is off. The gas mileage sucks ass! I did check the cam retard and it is at 0 degrees.

Any help would be great, btw it is not showing any codes.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I would seriously have you radiator checked for cross leaks if you have engine oil cooler installed on radiator. Any chance you been burning this mixture in the cylinders. BTW there is not oil passages going thru manifold but contaminate coolant can leak int cylinders 1 and 2 if lower gasket leaks up there.

OP
OP
G

gsxrcop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would seriously have you radiator checked for cross leaks if you have engine oil cooler installed on radiator. Any chance you been burning this mixture in the cylinders. BTW there is not oil passages going thru manifold but contaminate coolant can leak int cylinders 1 and 2 if lower gasket leaks up there.

I'm not sure what you are saying in the above comments. I did replace the radiator, but chose not to reconnect the oil cooler. I changed the oil recently and saw no sign of coolant, if that helps.

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I just moved to Seattle. A friend of mine down on base had told me he had same issue with his 98 Tahoe had that issue at about 180k miles said it had something do with a deal or gasket td me change all my seals and gaskets ASAP to avoid it.

OP
OP
G

gsxrcop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
At what rpm did you check the cam_retard and do you have any freeze frame data or readable log file to post?

I read that it was supposed to be checked above 2000 rpm. Is there something I should be looking for? I have an older scanning tool, so I'm not sure what you mean. I can take a picture of the screen if you tell me what data your looking for. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRebel