Seems like 08 Tahoe leaking a lot of water when A/C on??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polomintus

Reaction score
As others have said, if it happened when your AC is on and it is humid, then the chances are very high that it because of condensation dripping and it does drip a lot.

My wife’s has just start doing it in the past week, I even found myself with my head under my Jetta yesterday, because I saw out of the corner of my eye, a patch under it, all because, since Tuesday, it’s gotten bloody hot (+90) here also. I would just make sure when partked up, the fluid isn't oily between your fingers or flourescent yellowish color.

Cheers - POLO

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Txeas as well and my '08 Tahoe leaks alot of water to. Especially from the drain just above the muffler. I think that is the rear A/C one. When i first saw it i thought my muffler had a leak. :uhoh2:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Txeas as well and my '08 Tahoe leaks alot of water to. Especially from the drain just above the muffler. I think that is the rear A/C one. When i first saw it i thought my muffler had a leak. :uhoh2:

Same here. I live in Louisiana where its humid as all hell. My rear AC was dripping so much water one day that I thought something spilled inside my truck since we he just bought about $200 worth of groceries and I had all sorts of stuff back there. :lol2:

ajaxnxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear and front do that also. Here in Tyler we have all the humidity too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Thanks fellas...I guess it it normal because it doesn't do it all when the AC is off. Appreciate the feedback.

tonaaayyyy

Reaction score
My car has been doing this as well. I thought it was the water pump so I called the dealership to give me a quote, $550. Glad I didn't replace it, since I knew the Dex-cool isn't dripping, but just water only.

Any issues with your vehicle as of yet from this "leak"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate