Service 80k mile 10 speed or leave it alone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J5races

Reaction score
I bought my seemingly cared for 2018 Tahoe RST from a Chevy dealer certified used about a year ago with 70k mi and added Whipple and put on about 10k miles since then.

I assume the trans and front/rear Dif have never had fluids changed. With this milage would it be smart or foolish to have a Trans/dif service done?

Is there a center Dif as well with different fluid or is that built into trans?

One friend I asked this question to said if there is a relearn procedure for the Trans clutches then do the service. Does the 10 speed auto have this option? and does it need a Autel type scan tool to do it?

Jon

OP
OP
J5races

J5races

Reaction score
So I checked out my Carfax and it had the front and rear Dif services at about 50k mi, I saw the center Dif was also serviced in the past.

So its just down to the Trans. Hoping someone can weigh in about if relearn is a thing for the clutches(or whatever it does) on the 10 speed.

Thank you all

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A dealer printout of the maintenance would be much more accurate than a Carfax. Certified Used should have dealer records.

buckwild27

Reaction score
So I checked out my Carfax and it had the front and rear Dif services at about 50k mi, I saw the center Dif was also serviced in the past.

So its just down to the Trans. Hoping someone can weigh in about if relearn is a thing for the clutches(or whatever it does) on the 10 speed.

Thank you all
The center diff is a transfer case. Just for clarification.