Service air bag indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The service air bag indicator would intermittently appear on my 09 Yukon. It has been in the shop for over 2 weeks and the dealership has yet to find the root cause in order to fix the issue. Twice I went to pick up my car and both times when I started it the light was on. The dealership has tried all the solutions recommend from the service bulletins with no luck. Now they want to try to replace the entire air bag skirt on the right side. They assured me that this would fix the problem.

I would like to know if any other GMC owners have experienced this particular problem or is this an issue unique to my vehicle? If so I would like to know how the problem was resolved. I really want my vehicle back but I am nervous about the air bag prematurely deploying or not deploying at all if I am in an accident. I fear for my family's safety.

stringinator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this happen on my 2004 Yukon XL. The passenger seat's power seat connector was loose. It is underneath the seat toward the rear and right side (on the floor).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TahoeinTN