24 Tahoe 6.2L - Flashing Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankG158

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was driving my Tahoe today and the engine light started flashing. I live in the mountains so it was our normal climb home to about 2k ft. Ambient temp was 110. The light stopped flashing almost immediately. This happened once before on another very hot day except that time it included traction control and another light. What is going on and is it serious? 4200 miles.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was driving my Tahoe today and the engine light started flashing. I live in the mountains so it was our normal climb home to about 2k ft. Ambient temp was 110. The light stopped flashing almost immediately. This happened once before on another very hot day except that time it included traction control and another light. What is going on and is it serious? 4200 miles.
flashing check engine light generally indicates a misfire is happening, so ya take it to the dealer, could be something simple
btw it can go to ANY gm dealer nation wide, doesn't have to go to the purchasing dealer

Steveo123

Reaction score
My 22 6.2 been doing this for awhile. Light flashes for maybe 30 seconds at most then goes away. I’ll pull out my cheap scanner and it always comes back as a misfire on cylinder 3. I actually just picked my Tahoe up from the dealer today for an oil leak and had them check for the misfire codes also. They can’t or won’t do anything unless they get the light to set while in their possession. But they do see the misfires in the history. My warranty is up in a few months and I really don’t know what to do.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My 22 6.2 been doing this for awhile. Light flashes for maybe 30 seconds at most then goes away. I’ll pull out my cheap scanner and it always comes back as a misfire on cylinder 3. I actually just picked my Tahoe up from the dealer today for an oil leak and had them check for the misfire codes also. They can’t or won’t do anything unless they get the light to set while in their possession. But they do see the misfires in the history. My warranty is up in a few months and I really don’t know what to do.
Hopefully the info you just shared about codes and history is documented on paperwork the dealer gave you. If not, GET IT! Then ask to speak to the service manager and then the district manager and then......

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like bs but.... optionally you can ask and PAY out of pocket for a diagnostic, usually it should take them no more than 1 to 2 hours to find the cause of the misfire.
that get's you somewhere anyway, then the warranty portion would kick in and then you can go to the owner/head manager and plead your case for the diagnostic fee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clyden1995