Service dog - how can I leave the engine running when I'm not in the car for longer than 20 minutes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the OP... Not sure if its an option, or if you are even interested...

That said, Rivian's (yes its an EV vehicle) has a pet mode, where it lets you leave the temp you desire, and puts a message on the screens to let passers by know that the vehicle is keeping the doggo safe.

I only mention this because you mention you were looking at getting a 2025 BMax in 10 months.

Its a option that comes on all models, whether SUV or Pickup. I use it to keep my cabin at reasonable temps so that my wife and kids can watch movies while I do something. Plus it has an app for your phone so that you can monitor the interior temp.

It will stay in "pet" mode until the batteries run out.

I would also like to add that it seems to me that it would be a violation of the ADA for GM to not have something to reasonably accommodate your situation.

OP
OP
D

DaveL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great question…I bought remote start but haven’t had it installed. You maybe able to find someone to modify the remote start kit but if the vehicle won’t allow it I’m not sure how to answer your question. How do you transport your canine safely? I have a new service dog and he’s not rly still or calm on rides thanks!
I have a Tesla Model Y right now. I'm waiting for the 2025 Tahoe for the newer diesel.
I put down the rear seats and I have a giant dog bed in the back for her.
I have steps for her to walk up through the back and she lays down on the dog bed and never moves.
She is 8 now so her jumping and running around days are behind her.
One of the reasons we are getting the Tahoe is so we can do cross country trips. We need the room for her dog bed, suit cases and everything else.
Plus, I have been wanting a Tahoe for over 25 years but paying for 10 years of college has delayed the purchase a bit :)
Before I purchase the Tahoe, I am going to talk to them about the service bulletin that people have spoken about and having them install that before I buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
z06forever