Service Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a properly hyperlinked .pdf file is linked to it's self, perhaps also to internet, but my point was in the GM service manual is that it should jump to a certain section or page in the manual when it notates it, these online cd's/dvd's are not linked like that, the line is there indicating it will go to said page or section but it wont work.
like it might say see section 12/3 with the underline indicating if you click there it will jump to the page, a normal .pdf file will, these ones are just ocr scanned and have no links
This^^^. They don’t need to link to the internet, just to the exact section in the thousand-page manual that is needed. With alldatadiy, the hyperlinks are such that you can jump to the relevant subsection, or the TSB that relates to it, or the torque specs, fluid specs, etc without having to manually search for that. I hate searching.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Gotcha, the shortcuts on the newer Adobe manuals aren’t the same as old bootleg or OEM. The old version simply brings up a shortcut and preview of where it finds key words entered. At least the two I own.

Apparently the newer versions don’t have a working shortcut / link within the text listed on the page. The already copied document being sold on eBay as another copy loses that feature.

I never knew I was missing that.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Gotcha, agreed. $10 PDF copy of the real deal, you get what u pay for. Essentially no access to the links embedded in the text, within the file you buy, whatever that’s called.

sammuel0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually there are two options:
  • Look for web-based services like https://www.chevymanuals.org/2023-chevrolet-tahoe-owners-manual/ they can be a good addition to paper books and PDFs repair manuals
  • Most Factory repair manuals online are through a subscription service but you can check if one of your friends don't know of a repair garage where you can access all shop manuals (FSM) online on their computer for a little fee.

Last edited:

Nikolperry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can try autocarmanual. They offer a huge selection of service manuals for different vehicles, available for purchase and download. I’ve used them before, and their manuals are comprehensive and easy to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PGas32