Service Stabilitrak? on 13 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tstar2028

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings, So I cranked up the truck and had these two messages pop up out of nowhere! I do not have any engine problems! They're still on when driving. Everything seems normal braking wise, no CEL, I tried to look up the solutions and got mixed feedback. Some said brake light sensor, MAF sensor, misfiring etc. I have noticed a slight roughness on idle but that's about it! I have a code reader, and nothing came up.

IMG_1326.jpgIMG_1325.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings, So I cranked up the truck and had these two messages pop up out of nowhere! I do not have any engine problems! They're still on when driving. Everything seems normal braking wise, no CEL, I tried to look up the solutions and got mixed feedback. Some said brake light sensor, MAF sensor, misfiring etc. I have noticed a slight roughness on idle but that's about it! I have a code reader, and nothing came up.

View attachment 431795View attachment 431796
you need a scanner that can read body codes, otherwise it's a guessing game unless you find something broken or did something to it. like lifted it, lowered it, changed shocks, etc...
most commonly it is suspension related, check that first before presuming the worst (transmission)

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 431795View attachment 431796
How many miles? Any recent modifications?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated above, you need a bi-directional scanner, not a simple code reader. If you have dash warning lights, there IS absolutely a code (or more) available to view and understand, if you have a bi-directional scanner. If you do any significant wrenching on your truck, then you can save literally thousands of dollars over the life of the truck, by owning a bi-directional scanner.

If you did any modding of the rear suspension, check the top of the truck's frame over the rear wheels near the top of the shock, and look for an electrical wire with a connector. That connector often comes apart by accident, when working in that area, particularly if you work on the shock's upper bolt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tstar2028

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As stated above, you need a bi-directional scanner, not a simple code reader. If you have dash warning lights, there IS absolutely a code (or more) available to view and understand, if you have a bi-directional scanner. If you do any significant wrenching on your truck, than you can save literally thousands of dollars over the life of the truck, by owning a bi-directional scanner.

If you did any modding of the rear suspension, check the top of the truck's frame over the rear wheels near the top of the shock, and look for an electrical wire with a connector. That connector often comes apart by accident, when working in that area, particularly if you work on the shock's upper bolt.
Okay I just went to autozone and used their scanner it says C0050-00 Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I just went to autozone and used their scanner it says C0050-00 Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit
check the wire harness to the sensor, if it looks ok then replace the sensor
not sure if you can swap left & right sensors on the rear but if you can you could try that as well to confirm if the problem follows the sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uae4ever2001