Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timc9516

Reaction score
Im hoping someone can help me. I've been fighting with a c0455 code for awhile now. I ordered a new sensor from rockauto. Put it in and it stopped for a few months then it started again. I contacted them for a warranty replacement thinking I got a bad sensor. Put the new sensor in and the next day i was taking a long right curve on my way to work and stability system active popped up i could hear what sounded like the brake motor kick in and then before I knew it it turned off and said service stability and threw that code. I finally got around to putting the scanner on it today and I can make it act up when I make hard right or left turns. The weird part is when it happens and I go back to center on the steering wheel the angle has changed. The first time it went from 8 to -70 something. The second time I tried it I didn't restart the truck so stability was still turned off and i didnt feel the motor kick on but the angle changed to -114.

Any idea on what is going on and what I should try next?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im hoping someone can help me. I've been fighting with a c0455 code for awhile now. I ordered a new sensor from rockauto. Put it in and it stopped for a few months then it started again. I contacted them for a warranty replacement thinking I got a bad sensor. Put the new sensor in and the next day i was taking a long right curve on my way to work and stability system active popped up i could hear what sounded like the brake motor kick in and then before I knew it it turned off and said service stability and threw that code. I finally got around to putting the scanner on it today and I can make it act up when I make hard right or left turns. The weird part is when it happens and I go back to center on the steering wheel the angle has changed. The first time it went from 8 to -70 something. The second time I tried it I didn't restart the truck so stability was still turned off and i didnt feel the motor kick on but the angle changed to -114.

Any idea on what is going on and what I should try next?
aftermarket sensor?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What year?

Has the new sensor been calibrated with the scanner?

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
2003 yukon xl denali. I have a evo genisys scanner and couldn't find a test to do that

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most, if not all, of those sensors say they need to be calibrated to the wheel position when they're replaced.

It's probably called something like a steering angle sensor calibration, under Special Functions, or maybe suspension? I'm not familiar with that scanner or even if it is capable of that calibration.

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
I'm gonna try and get my hands on a matco scanner this weekend I'll post what I find

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
Well I've tried 2 scanners and can't find any special functions on calibrating the sensor. And all data doesn't mention it ethier

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
Ok so today it showed stability sys active on a right turn then went away and then it happened on a left turn. But this time it stayed on the rest of the way home and I couldn't clear the message until I shut the truck off and it went away. Has anybody seen this before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emet9213