Shaking engine/Studdering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

missta

Reaction score
I have an 02 tahoe ls 4wd. I have been experiencing loss of power, high idle, and studdering when driving. Not sure if i picked up bad gas or what. Spark plugs was changed months ago. Wires were changed about 2 weeks ago with autozone duralast. After the wire change, truck started faster and ran smooth. On Saturday i began noticing the problems.

I had the truck scanned today. Codes p0174, p0717, p0141, p0137, and p0300 are currently present.

I rechecked the wires. One wire was loose. All o2 sensors have been replaced within the last 3 months. Im lost. Air filter checked out clean. I added a fuel injection cleaner today when i filled up. I desperately need help

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hope you used good quality sensors like AC Delco. What brand did you put in? The P0141 and P0137 have to do with the rear sensor on drivers side so double check the wring and connections. Make sure where it is plugged together at the connector did not push out of the holder when plugged together and make sure wiring is in good shape. Random misfire P0300 should be there with what you are experiencing. The P0174 is reading a system lean so may have the dreaded intake leak that is causing the lean condition and causing all of this. The P0717 has to do with likely the vehicle speed sensor at the trans and could be set because of the misfires or the part is just bad and is a separate issue. I would get some carb cleaner and clean the throttle body at the throttle plate and get MAF sensor cleaner at the parts store and clean it when you follow the directions on the can and be prepared for the relearn to idle. Clear the codes and see what comes back after a good roadtest.

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
I ordered 3 of the sensors online...im not sure of the brand now. 1 is a delco. I will clean the throttle body tomorrow. The othere code is p0171 not p717....i may have typed it wrong. I will also check the connections. Im learning quick that delco parts are the only parts to put on this hoe

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea P0171 is bank 1 lean so is with the P0174. I am leaning toward a vacuum leak at the intake but still recommend the cleanings and then clear and drive. The relearn I spoke of will be a higher idle for a while. The sensors should all be the same and I always recommend AC Delco. If you do go in to do the intake gasket use the FELPRO gasket kit and bolts. Replace the knock sensors while in there and use Dorman wiring harnesses. You can look it all up at Rock Auto.

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
Yea P0171 is bank 1 lean so is with the P0174. I am leaning toward a vacuum leak at the intake but still recommend the cleanings and then clear and drive. The relearn I spoke of will be a higher idle for a while. The sensors should all be the same and I always recommend AC Delco. If you do go in to do the intake gasket use the FELPRO gasket kit and bolts. Replace the knock sensors while in there and use Dorman wiring harnesses. You can look it all up at Rock Auto.
Thanks alot man....i have my hands full with this. I will get abck to you to let you know how things work out....thanks for your help

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just try the least expensive cleaning and clear codes and drive and then we can go from there.

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
Found the culprit. ...i was going to trade the duralast wires in for some delcos. When i started removing the wires i came across this.

One wire burnt on something. Autozone swapped it out with no problem. I disconnected the battery before removing wires. Once everything was back together, truck idled smoothly and ran fine

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421690612110.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421690612110.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
Im going to do a throttle body clean on our next warm day....40° or better

Forum statistics

Threads