Should I pull off the side molding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, those baskets are a pretty penny. Maybe down the road for me when I have some extra cash. Those keys hard to install? with minimal area and tools to work with?

Im definitely down to meet up once it warms up lol. I think there are a few other people on here from CO too, one chick whos husbands in the army I think. If all works out I will probably be moving down to the Longmont area in May, little closer to everyone, maybe we can all shoot the shit and have a few beers

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They aren't "hard" to install, per se...but with a limited workspace, it will probably be a little rough. I did it up in FC at a trans shop when I was having all of my fluids changed out and my servo installed. A friend of a friend worked at the place, and let us do it while the truck was on the lift. MUCH easier if you can use a lift and air tools.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
hg_02.jpg

http://tiregate.com/hg_series_0.shtml
Please don't mount the spare on the roof...please.

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will that thing clear with the barn doors? I really wanted a swing-out option, but with the damn barn doors, everything is a hassle.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Pretty sure it would clear no problem, it swings pretty far out.

OP
OP
TheFuzz

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys carry those things or can you get me a quote on one? (whenever you get back to work, lol).

willbill15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wondering what the easiest method is to taking off the side trim...i took one off today and it took about an hour and a half. maybe I'm jus stupid but now it seems like its gonna be a chore to take off the other three...any advise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO