Should I remove my rack? Opinions wanted.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sidepipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just took off the two cross bars. SF has one old parking garage with very low clearance, and now I can just squeak in with out rubbing. My high point now is 6' 2".

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take the rack off n see how you like it.
i took my roof rack off for like a month. i liked it at first but up close you can still see the top of the threaded insert. the best thing would to have the inserts removed, holes welded up smoothed and repainted. more work than i wanted to get into.
i ened up modding the yukon rack by painted the caps and polishing the rails.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say leave it... boot leg rack.. but end up with the esky rack - would look awesome on your truck!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it off and buy my Escalade Roof Rack, why do a fake rack, when you can have the real one.

All though his roof rack does look cool.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Leave it.

Or take it off.

Don't do the Esky rack. They look tacky IMO.

My $.02

SOCWhiteOut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like it without them but one thing i do recommend doing if u leave them off for good is getting like door trim or whatever and (if u cant find ur paint job color) paint it to match ur paint them applying a strip of the trim over all the studs, its makes it look 10x's better and there was a thread on this i saw one time that sparked me to do it so if i find it ill post a link here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe guy