Show off your 2015+ leveled Tahoes and Yukons!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z71wagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 17 z71, 2" leveling kit with 275/75/18's. Anyone try and run 295/70's on factory 18's with just a leveling kit yet?

Attachments

• 20240327_154135.jpg
    20240327_154135.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240327_154145.jpg
    20240327_154145.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240327_084225.jpg
    20240327_084225.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 11

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 17 z71, 2" leveling kit with 275/75/18's. Anyone try and run 295/70's on factory 18's with just a leveling kit yet?
I have no doubt you can fit 35s with a basic leveling kit whether you have to smash the pinch welds or trim the liner or whatever else but there's no way you're going to be able to let the suspension compress at anything other than near perfectly straight or you will beat up the fender liner and everything attached to it. My 285/60r20s already rub more than I want while the suspension is compressed yet I have complete range of motion with only the slightest rub while the suspension is neutral.

I'm already at the limit of what feels good for the actual operation of my Denali with this size tire and from experience putting 35s on my stock height 03 Duramax unless you tub it then it's always a compromise against performance when you go that big. Perhaps if I was running a stiffer spring rate or even just running the Bilsteins instead of my Fox coilovers I would feel differently but if it were stiff enough to keep the tire out of the fender liner I think it would be a very stiff ride.

z71wagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have no doubt you can fit 35s with a basic leveling kit whether you have to smash the pinch welds or trim the liner or whatever else but there's no way you're going to be able to let the suspension compress at anything other than near perfectly straight or you will beat up the fender liner and everything attached to it. My 285/60r20s already rub more than I want while the suspension is compressed yet I have complete range of motion with only the slightest rub while the suspension is neutral.

I'm already at the limit of what feels good for the actual operation of my Denali with this size tire and from experience putting 35s on my stock height 03 Duramax unless you tub it then it's always a compromise against performance when you go that big. Perhaps if I was running a stiffer spring rate or even just running the Bilsteins instead of my Fox coilovers I would feel differently but if it were stiff enough to keep the tire out of the fender liner I think it would be a very stiff ride.
I just feel like the 275/70 (33's) look small, and a bit skinny. And as the tahoe sits the tires have plenty of clearance and don't rub at all. Kinda why I'm thinking a 295/70. I don't mind a little rubbing.

I also agree 100% on ride quality, this is my family travel rig and I love the way it rides. I wouldn't mind doing some fox coilovers and new upper control arms to get a little more down travel. I even debated going with a rough country 3.5" lift, but I also don't want this thing very tall. It's nice being able to go into parking garages without worrying about hitting the roof.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@z71wagon - Ride looks pretty good as is, IMO.

I'm currently running 295/70/18s on OE wheels. That's with a 4" lift.
I completely agree with @gtrslngrchris that going too large with the tire will eat into your performance. I honestly think a wider 33" tire would suit your setup, but I don't think that's necessary. I also don't think you're going to squeeze too much more tire height with the 2" level. From my readings, the BFG All Terrains tend to run a little less height than spec'd. New UCAs would help with your new drive angles, as those are pretty maxed out now.

There is much to be said about the ability to have wheel movement without the worry of rubbing or slamming the fender, particularly if you plan to take this rig on any type of off-road situation.
Just my 2cents, but if you're going spend another $2k on tires, maybe spend that cash on a different mod(s). Sway bars? The UCAs? Perhaps a tune? I have to say, once you let the power loose and are running v8 all the time, these rigs are pretty fun to drive. Those few things will easily take care of that extra cash laying around...welcome to the club. Once you start messing around, it's never "just right." Ask my wife...she hates the Tahoe, but loves her too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malachismith