Side mouldings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen a couple pics of yuks and tahoes without the side door mouldings. Are these on by 3m? Or are people having them removed, holes filled, and door repainted? Interested in doing this.. Thanks

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just some good ole 3M holding them on.

I havent removed mine, as i like the look, but i believe those who have removed them just used a head gun and some time, then maybe a good wash and buff since the colors may not match up due to sun exposure.

OP
OP
B

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, cant believe thats all that holding them on...good ole american cars:mexsmoke: Yeah im debating on which look I like the best. Would be a lot easier polishing with a sold door panel though! thanks man

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem... like i said, its not my style for the truck i have (fender flares, brush guard, etc) so to me im going to leave them on. As a matter of fact i just had them redone at the dealer before my warranty ran out! They had started to peel off and i got them to fix it for free. But other tahoes look great with it all removed, so its whatever you like :)

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the side moldings but....if i wait another year or so it looks like they will fall off by themselves!!!

Negligence

Reaction score
just wanted to bump in as i have mine removed as you can see in my sig. Came off real easy with a little bit of heat from a hair dryer and then i used lighter fluid to remove any residue. A good cleaning and wax and it blended right in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968