Slow air rim leak 2016 22 inch polished rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockerking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having a problem stopping a slow rim leak on one of the polished 22" rims on my 2016 Tahoe. I had a Firestone store take the tire off the rim, clean the bead surface and remount with a new pressure valve but that only worked for a few months, now the problem is back. Has anybody found a long term fix for this kine of problem?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I am having a problem stopping a slow rim leak on one of the polished 22" rims on my 2016 Tahoe. I had a Firestone store take the tire off the rim, clean the bead surface and remount with a new pressure valve but that only worked for a few months, now the problem is back. Has anybody found a long term fix for this kine of problem?
You sure it isn’t cracked somwwhere?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta first pinpoint precisely where the leak is coming from. I'd take the wheel off the truck and hit it with soapy water all the way around the tire, and everywhere you can access on the rim. I'm with Trey - I'll bet you'll find a hairline crack in the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottMM