Slowwwww Acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gael

Reaction score
sup peeps. i have a 2004 yukon 4.8 with an Airaid intake that was suppose to give me a bit more of acceleration. for some reason the truck has a super slow acceleration and once it hits 30mph, it kind speeds up. i was told about the BB tune but i dont think theres anything like that here in Laredo. Also, when i try to do a standing burnout, the tires wont move only the truck lifts kinda.

What can i do to improve this?

thanks for your help.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you do have a 4.8.........

You need a tune to compensate for the extra air coming in. Your RPM power band has shifted.

On the burnouts, well......... IDK.

OP
OP
G

Gael

Reaction score
yeah i know but like if i try to pass someone you know how you stomp on the gas and the other gear kicks in, well not my truck. you can only hear like if im going super fast but im passing the car super slow. ive seen some threads that i need to disable the tc but nothing happens other than the light coming on and off.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

i want to get a bit more acceleration because im getting 33x12.50x20 and i dont think its gonna hep

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would be a good candidate for Black Bear.

I would do the exhaust too though.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that there i something wrong, or that you just want to speed it up? If there is something wrong, you will need to fix this before you get tuned.

OP
OP
G

Gael

Reaction score
thats the thing that ive taken it to several mechanics and no one seems to know whats wrong. i already changed the sparks, wires airfilter updared to airaid and no speed yet lol.

hoss - i was thinking of getting the flowmasters s 40. what do you recommend?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you do have a 4.8.........

You need a tune to compensate for the extra air coming in. Your RPM power band has shifted.

On the burnouts, well......... IDK.

Ditto.

Also is that a wet or dry filter? If it is an oiled one and it is over oiled you can foul out your MAF sensor........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate