Small Coolant leak from hvac heater hose quick connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrevino0497

Reaction score
The white heater quick connector which runs to the heater core is leaking when it gets bumped. It’s the second time this has happened and I’m tired of replacing them once a year. It drips on to cylinder 8 coil pack and I’m over it.

can I just clamp a hose on with a t connector attached instead? Just to bypass all the plastic junk?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The white heater quick connector which runs to the heater core is leaking when it gets bumped. It’s the second time this has happened and I’m tired of replacing them once a year. It drips on to cylinder 8 coil pack and I’m over it.

can I just clamp a hose on with a t connector attached instead? Just to bypass all the plastic junk?

Tags: Tee gruven suck

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could you just use some of these? I don't remember if they arw both 5/8s or not but yes. few clamps and done?

:deal:

And I quote the great Ayatollah dubalub: "3/4" heater core connectors and 1/2" rear heater core connectors. The hoses to the two nipples on the water pump are 5/8".

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Almost 5 yrs abd 50k miles ago I had a T break. I installed the billet aluminum Gruven Ts, and all new hoses and coolant, water pump $cha-ching$. Been good ever since.
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/heater-core-t-connectors-broke.116171/

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^ That is your solution, if you cannot make the plastic Tees work. Hopefully, you used a GM plastic Tee and not a Dorman or other 3rd party plastic Tee when you made your replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forevertheone187