Snapped Headlight housing clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2014 I changed the headlight bulbs and I had to give the housing a good yank to get the clips to break free. I didn’t really see any other option. I got the bulbs changed but the clips to one of the housings won’t snap back into place. It looks like the clips anre still on the housing but now Now my driver side housing wobbles a bit.

Hoping it doesn’t affect the light path or short anything out

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 2014 I changed the headlight bulbs and I had to give the housing a good yank to get the clips to break free. I didn’t really see any other option. I got the bulbs changed but the clips to one of the housings broke clean off and Now my driver side housing wobbles a bit.

Hoping it doesn’t affect the light path
did you take pictures? of where it broke and the broken piece?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you still have them try a heat gun and see if you can weld them back on, it's just plastic some is more resilent to being heated up than others, might be worth a try.
or if there is enough width, try drilling out both side and use a dowel or metal sleeve with either heat or epoxy
gorilla glue has worked for me in the past you just have to let it sit overnight, it expands so use sparingly and don't have it near anything it can get glued to

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you still have them try a heat gun and see if you can weld them back on, it's just plastic some is more resilent to being heated up than others, might be worth a try.
or if there is enough width, try drilling out both side and use a dowel or metal sleeve with either heat or epoxy
gorilla glue has worked for me in the past you just have to let it sit overnight, it expands so use sparingly and don't have it near anything it can get glued to

Yea I was gonna try something like that. The whole piece didn’t snap off. It just snapped the part that actually secretes the clip. Like now it just goes in the bracket but doesn’t stay.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If it is wobbling, it is affecting the light path. Moving a 1/4" at the light housing is moving feet a few yards out.