Snapped Headlight housing clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All attaching areas should be inspected. The attaching components on the housing and where they attach at in the hole where the housing sets. You could have an attaching piece that is fine but the housing could be damaged where the attaching component attaches at the housing. Or something is damaged where the attaching component grabs at the vehicle.

What I am trying to say is, you could install 10 new housings and never fix the problem.

Is there a way to do this without removing the bumper and splash shield.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a GMT800. I do not know.
There’s two 10mm bolts holding it on that you can see with just the hood open but I didn’t know there was a third on in the side that you have to pop the splash shield off for in the wheel well that is snapped clean off. At this point I think I’m just going to leave it. I don’t think it is affecting my light path. If it is I can’t see it with naked eyes.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s two 10mm bolts holding it on that you can see with just the hood open but I didn’t know there was a third on in the side that you have to pop the splash shield off for in the wheel well that is snapped clean off. At this point I think I’m just going to leave it. I don’t think it is affecting my light path. If it is I can’t see it with naked eyes.

Between the 3 bolts it should hold fine IMO.

To get to the bottom bolts all you got to do is pull the inner fender back and unclip the top of the bumper from the fender. It will give you enough room to reach in there for the bottom bolt. I was even lucky enough this weekend to pull the bumper down far enough to go straight at it with a 1/4" drive extension and 10mm socket. All you have to do is loosen it or tighten it no need to remove that bolt completely.