Snapped Headlight housing clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Q-Bond for the repair.

Maybe I didn’t explain myself enough
The clips are still there they simply just don’t click into place like they used to. I push the housing in like shown in the video and than it just sags an 1/8 inch. If I glue it in I’ll never get it out without breaking it. I can’t really think of a solution other than new housing.

I’ll try to remember to take some new pictures when I get home.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the two plastic pins are still on the housing but they won’t snap into place where circled

Attachments

• IMG_4314.png
    IMG_4314.png
    670.6 KB · Views: 5

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Those are just locating pins. Something else is not attaching as it should to hold assembly in place.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’ll be ordering two new housings bc of one little issue. How dumb haha.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All attaching areas should be inspected. The attaching components on the housing and where they attach at in the hole where the housing sets. You could have an attaching piece that is fine but the housing could be damaged where the attaching component attaches at the housing. Or something is damaged where the attaching component grabs at the vehicle.

What I am trying to say is, you could install 10 new housings and never fix the problem.