So, Has anyone swapped their VCIM for Factory Bluetooth Capabililty??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanls1

Reaction score
That one looks to be from a new camaro if i searched that part number right and it wont work. Thats what the thing looks like minus the BT Antenna, but you need one from a gm truck/fullsize vehicle. traverse,arcadia,escalade,tahoe,sierra,etc are the ones that will work with our system

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I see ... do you know the part no. for the 10/11 Tahoes? :think:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan ... bookmarked pending ScSS' exploration. :)

On the ebay listing I linked, the guy has an interesting selling note:

"I finally got the OnStar module working. It was difficult because GM Corporate put out a warning message to technicians to stop installing Bluetooth enabled OnStar modules in cars not originally equipped with Bluetooth. Once I found a technician willing to ignore the warning, everything was fine. All the technician does is hook the car up to the GM Global Connect computer system, go to Programs, go to Program VCIM, click yes for Bluetooth, and let the update run. Once you get the car back you have to migrate your OnStar account over to the new module. To do this you press the blue OnStar button, ask for technical support, give them your account number, tell them you installed new hardware and request that they migrate the account over to the new hardware. It takes about one half hour for them to send all the programming codes to the car. Once they finish, everything should work great. However, the car will have a new telephone number. Let me know if you need me to help anyone with this modification. The hardware installation job was easy. Finding a technician willing to ignore warnings from GM Corporate and program the VCIM was the difficult part."

Did you have to find such a willing gm technician?
If so was it difficult?

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge, read the posts on the link in the original post. It will help answer ALOT of questions as folks did this mod already on another forum with success, and they detailed exactly how they got the results and what needed to be done; to include the exact part #s that work. :Handshake:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I really want to do this... seems so easy to do yourself since all you do is take off your interior dome light housing... is it really THAT easy?!

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I really want to do this... seems so easy to do yourself since all you do is take off your interior dome light housing... is it really THAT easy?!

ummm... i think it requires you to remove the stock VCIM and swap it. I think it entails more than the itnerior dome light, lol.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha! I just checked pics again and I don't know what compelled me to type in interior dome light LOL. The vision I had in my head was that it was above the garage door buttons. I think what I did was mix up another article I read about adding the garage door buttons if your car didn't have them and it goes by the interior dome lights...

But ANYWAYS... it looks like it's as easy as removing the AC controls and then it's just straight up plug and play. Am i right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
le frog