SOLVED: ESC - Magnaride default values, Adjustable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dluk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2013 Escalade ESV. I bought it with the suspension completely crapped out. I replaced all 4 shocks and compressor. Because of this I'm at a bit of a loss for what the ride should have felt like before I replaced the suspension. My only comparison was my LX470 which rode much better. All parts are aftermarket TRQ. I did see that the springs are 6 coil with larger diameter steel, whereas the OE are 7 coil. The suspension does not ride as nice as I think it should. Noting that, I was wondering if there was a way to adjust it. I pulled out the trusty Tech2 and looking, I can see that the LF and RF Damper Actuator values are set to 31%, whereas the LR and RR set to 0%. This seems to me that it would be making the ride artificially more stiff. I looked around a bit but did not find a way to change the values.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

1722313734856.png

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all mine are at 0% when not moving and % changes as I hit bumps. mines is oem stuff thou, so I don't know if your aftermarket brand is different.

there is no way to tune the ride that I know of. other cars can be tuned by a 3rd party that flashes the module on the corvettes/camaros. but they don't cover the non sports car market. which is a shame

there is a reset thou you could try if you haven't already on the tech 2. I don't remember exactly where. but there's 2 resets I believe, depending on the year. some als trim and something bump stop. look under the special tests under the category you're looking at in that pic.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated above, those number will change as you drive, if the system is set up correctly. Did you perform an Auto Level Control (ALC) reset after installing the aftermarket parts (can do this with your Tech 2)?

Keep your Tech 2 plugged in and take the truck for a drive and watch the real time data tracking feature. Are those numbers changing in real time as you navigate the turns and bumps in the road?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ALC calibration, it is under suspension, special functions. it will ask you if you have option z95 (yes) and if JL4 or not (built in trailer brake control)
empty the vehicle out
fill the gas tank
park on a level surface
open drivers window and use the tech2 while standing outside the vehicle
do the ALC calibration, only takes a minute to do.

bumpstop calibration probably won't do anything GM deleted that function due to premature wear on components.

OP
OP
D

dluk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FIXED!

I parked on a level surface and did the ALC calibration. After taking it for a drive I found that it was no better. LF RF still stated they were 31%

I parked again and did the ALC calibration again. Still no change. Finally, I did the Bump Stop calibration. 0% across the board. Got in and went for another test drive.

It finally rides like an Escalade should! No jarring potholes, it floats across the tarmac.

Thanks everyone who commented.

1722377600354.png

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very cool. first time I think I've heard it actually fixing something and that bump stop is a thing still. but happy it worked.

I feel like these 2 settings are the biggest mystery about these trucks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FIXED!

I parked on a level surface and did the ALC calibration. After taking it for a drive I found that it was no better. LF RF still stated they were 31%

I parked again and did the ALC calibration again. Still no change. Finally, I did the Bump Stop calibration. 0% across the board. Got in and went for another test drive.

It finally rides like an Escalade should! No jarring potholes, it floats across the tarmac.

Thanks everyone who commented.

View attachment 434054
Glad to read that you got the suspension working as it should be. Happy motoring.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It is common to see users on the forum making their first post touting the z95 “like” priced “too good to be true” strut kits.

There are warnings on these forums to “Beware of Scams” Nowhere does it state how or what the “replacement for z95 struts are made of, where or how”.

There was another one post wonder that popped up on another forum.

Note there’s no installation pics, no shots comparing old to new. OEM springs are no longer available. There are a lot of incompatible springs being sold with more windings than OEM right now.

You get what you pay for. Hopefully this user will post up some pics of his old parts and a pic of them being installed on the Escalade.

OP
OP
D

dluk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are the parts I used from 1A Auto.

FRONT - psa52594

REAR - psa39442

You get what you pay for. Hopefully this user will post up some pics of his old parts and a pic of them being installed on the Escalade.
I don't have any pics of the installation. With as many videos are there are out there of these being installed, I didn't find it necessary.

As far as getting what I paid for? I've been quite happy with these. Once the actuator's were reset the ride is amazing. There are a lot of clones out there on Amz and Eby that just put a resistor pack in the shock and sell it as "MagnaRide". These are the real deal. With the Tech2 I can manually activate these and they stiffen right up.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Again, glad 1AA worked out for you. I could post all day long about how 1AA ghosts buyers and offers a lifetime warranty that will never be honored.

If the above parts are shipped free for $1,089.90, considering the weight, that’s $175 in shipping. Figure they’re charging customers $914.90 less their shipping. Businesses usually mark up items by 2x to stay afloat. That means 1AA is getting all four shocks, springs, mount hardware and suspension bushings for $457.45.

Really, who believes all 4 MagRide completely loaded front struts and rear bags can be made for $475.45? Keep in mind that TRQ marked these parts up too. That means these parts are entering the US for about $350-$400 and made by who??

BBB Info on 1A Auto …

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thest1217