Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RC, great looking PPV. I’ve spent the past few days enjoying this thread with your continued mods.

I too have the silver PPV, ‘14 year model. I’m working through some aesthetic issues in the interior and exterior as well as establishing a maintenance baseline. I like the plentiful aftermarket support and salvage yard availability.

To my point, earlier in this thread, you estimated the Beltech 752SP kit gave you a 3/4 drop from a standard Tahoe and a 2/3 from a PPV.
1) With a few years on the suspension, have you experienced any further settling?

2) Any abnormal wear on ball joints or camber/toe issues? What brand UCA’s did you replace with when you installed the Beltechs?

3) How do you think the suspension would handle light towing (<4000 lb)?

I’m in eastern NC and ready to get this utilitarian beauty in service (grocery and child taxi).
To be honest, the Belltech has maintained conistent height for the duration so far. I am actually pleased about that, although I wouldn't have minded if it settled a little more. I installed the 752SP kit, and replaced most of the wear items like ball joints, tie-rod ends, etc while the truck was apart. The only thing not included in the kit that I am eventually going to go for are adjustable RLCA's, to better 'center' the rear axle. It is just so slightly forward right now, its kind of borderline and would take someone combing the truck over to really notice.

I was going to find a rear subframe with the factory hitch, but decided to hold off when I couldn't find one in any of my salvage yards. I doubt you'd have a problem with 4k though, but you might consider airbags for the back, whether you drop the truck or not. Either way, you can sell your PPV rear springs or the Belltech's pretty easily on eBay. Get a little money back from that part.

Happy to answer anything else you've seen in here! I still have zero regrets on the Belltech! Its about time for a shock refresh, but I absolutely happy with that decision. I'm even getting enjoyment with the 22's over the ride quality I lost, that favor is leaning in the direction of satisfaction for me.

Darren

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FB groups are garbage, full of dummys and ads and fake profiles
Oh I agree 100%, all social media is full of bots. Unfortunately when it used to be pretty clean, it killed off a lot of forums that are beyond repairable. I think the one I helped start that these guys are referring to could potentially make a comeback, but a lot of them are long gone unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e3gordon