sorry another auto ride thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
so my 01 tahoe with auto ride is starting to feel a bit floaty...I wanna firm it up a BIT (emphasis on a BIT) ..nothing is leaking and to the best of my knowledge everything works as it should right now)

I know most of my options:

1) Arnott reman'd rear auto ride shocks
2) Arnott Bilstein front/rear auto ride replacements (passive shocks with resistors for sensors)
3) OEM new (most expensive)
4) Monroe air shocks
5) replacement completely with passive shocks and resistors to trick system (cheapest route)

I don't tow daily and might tow at most twice a year (maybe 4 tops) but when I tow it will be a 4000lb car on a tow dolly (or whatever)

I dont want to sacrifice ride quality to save money but I don't want to spend what appears ot be $800 on Bilsteins (Arnotts) that won't even provide true auto ride functionality..

I guess the better question is, how many have done OEM remans out back (to retain auto load leveling) and used bilsteins or something else up front? I am concerned with mix-matched spring rates and an odd ride/stance as a result

And should I only replace when they start to leak? my ride height is fine.

any ideas GREATLY appreciated

drujtsu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the same boat, wondering if you can touch on what you ended up doing or if you have any further info on this....

Thanks

krt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really....yeah it sucked I lost my tahoe...but she saved my life and now I have an 05 Denali with 62k as its replacement so I'm better than I started ;)

glad it all worked out and you were OK.

Valrio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i replaced it all with arnott bilsteins

and that truck met its maker last month...

How was the ride quality before your tahoe lost its life? I have an 06 yukon denali and am facing the same purchase decision.

OP
OP
CEN2MENTAL95

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
How was the ride quality before your tahoe lost its life? I have an 06 yukon denali and am facing the same purchase decision.

with the original auto ride suspension or bilsteins?

the autoride was too soft (altho my 05 denali with same suspension with 62k on her rides great)

the bilsteins are at least 30% stiffer than OEM......but wasn't a bad ride, if I had to do it over I would try to source OEM cheaper (which doesnt seem to exist)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krash1030