Spark plugs wires for 03 Tahoe LS 4.8?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Going to swap in some AC Delco 41-100's soon and might as well change the wires. Which ones do I need? Or do I need to verify something? I know GM/AC Delco is always changing part #'s so I thought I would ask. Also I have 95k on the odometer. Coolant has been changed along with the tranny fluid, what else should I look into doing besides the wires/plugs?

I found these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Southernstyle

Reaction score
not sure about the 4.8 but the 5.3's are bad about building carbon in the throttle body. its an easy fix though just pick up a can of carb cleaner pull the throttle body off and spray the bowl and the flap down n wipe it out. be sure to clean inside and out and move the flap to the open position and make sure its clean. also i would check the air filter.

OP
OP
S

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure about the 4.8 but the 5.3's are bad about building carbon in the throttle body. its an easy fix though just pick up a can of carb cleaner pull the throttle body off and spray the bowl and the flap down n wipe it out. be sure to clean inside and out and move the flap to the open position and make sure its clean. also i would check the air filter.

Thanks I will def do that, I was thinking about getting a CAI intake or doing the mod on here too. :mexsmoke::Handshake:

Southernstyle

Reaction score
actually a cai for these motors is a great investment. yeah they will give some hp gains but mostly because it really cuts down on the carbon build up and lets the motor breath better. if ur going cai i would look for something with a plastic tube rather than aluminum because the metal ones get hot from engine heat under the hood defeating the purpose of cold air.

OP
OP
S

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually a cai for these motors is a great investment. yeah they will give some hp gains but mostly because it really cuts down on the carbon build up and lets the motor breath better. if ur going cai i would look for something with a plastic tube rather than aluminum because the metal ones get hot from engine heat under the hood defeating the purpose of cold air.

Yea, definitely.......whats a good CAI for a good price? I need something cali smog legal.....K&N or AEM?

Southernstyle

Reaction score
i run a k&n. u just got to be light on the oil r it will cause the ecm to throw some codes because of the oil. just a light mist of oil and its fine. i've yet to have any trouble with mine. i dont really know about cali smog legal or about the aem but i've read a few posts on here and people seem to think good about them. just check out jegs or summit for pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES