Spark plugs & wireset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali60

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking at spark plugs in autozone for 2001 yukon 6.0 do you guys recommend autolite double platinum or acdelco double platinum and Bosch double platinum for the best price autolite is best and delcos is little high prices Bosch price is ok and wireset they have duralast gold and Bosch and delco s most important is I don't want them to misfire what do u guys think Thanks

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of us here stick with the AC delco platinum plugs and AC wires.

I stay away from anything duralast. I used their wires once and they didn`t last long. They warranty them but i`d rather get a good set that will last and not have to change them again.

OP
OP
D

Denali60

Reaction score
Wireset

Thanks for the advice I will go with the delcos set but as wires they have 2 delco kinds listed for 2001 yukon denali one is longer than other how would I know which is the right wireset and also what kind of delcos plugs came with the 01 yukon denali from factory is it platinum or double platinum thanks

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice I will go with the delcos set but as wires they have 2 delco kinds listed for 2001 yukon denali one is longer than other how would I know which is the right wireset and also what kind of delcos plugs came with the 01 yukon denali from factory is it platinum or double platinum thanks

Ran into this problem when I changed the wires on my 05, has to do with which part number coil packs you have on your truck.

I bought mine at Advance Auto. When I bought them two years ago they just had the two listings and no other info. I looked them up again on their website and see they now have the application info.

Part No. 9748HH - FOR COILS STAMPED 12558693 - $52

Part No. 9748GG - FOR COILS STAMPED 19005218 - $76

I think the plugs are double platinum, but check your owner's manual it will have the part number listed in the maintenance section.

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran into this problem when I changed the wires on my 05, has to do with which part number coil packs you have on your truck.

I bought mine at Advance Auto. When I bought them two years ago they just had the two listings and no other info. I looked them up again on their website and see they now have the application info.

Part No. 9748HH - FOR COILS STAMPED 12558693 - $52

Part No. 9748GG - FOR COILS STAMPED 19005218 - $76

I think the plugs are double platinum, but check your owner's manual it will have the part number listed in the maintenance section.

Aside from length do you know if the plug wires are any different? I have the 19005218 packs and before I knew any better I purchased the 9748HH wires as this is what Amazon said to use.

OP
OP
D

Denali60

Reaction score
It looks like the only difference is the length rockauto sales them for good price

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from length do you know if the plug wires are any different? I have the 19005218 packs and before I knew any better I purchased the 9748HH wires as this is what Amazon said to use.

No difference other than length. I had both sets and of course had to return the shorter one.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy the longer of the two sets, so it will fit regardless. Easiest solution.

OP
OP
D

Denali60

Reaction score
True longer one fit al do you know if the 2001 yukon factory stock double platinum or iriduim ? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO