Stabilitrak and Traction control lights issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonGold12

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I have a 2007 that is throwing the Stabilitrak and Traction control light and saying they are disabled. This has started to come up AFTER the truck was recently aligned.
I can't tell if the alignment is tripping these sensors or not, but it only seems to disable the ABS and stabilitrak when I get up to highway speeds. Driving around town for 30+ min is no problem. Moment I hit the interstate and drive for 2-3 miles at 70MPH+ the lights and messages return. They go away once the car is turned off, there is NO CEL or codes on the ECU. I've heard that a bi-directional scanner could help, but I don't have one at the moment.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I have a 2007 that is throwing the Stabilitrak and Traction control light and saying they are disabled. This has started to come up AFTER the truck was recently aligned.
I can't tell if the alignment is tripping these sensors or not, but it only seems to disable the ABS and stabilitrak when I get up to highway speeds. Driving around town for 30+ min is no problem. Moment I hit the interstate and drive for 2-3 miles at 70MPH+ the lights and messages return. They go away once the car is turned off, there is NO CEL or codes on the ECU. I've heard that a bi-directional scanner could help, but I don't have one at the moment.
you really need to get the codes, without them it's a guess and throwing parts at it.
that's the simple truth. unless you can find a VISIBLE problem, i.e pinched wire or disconnected harness etc.
AND, you will want to get those codes while the light is on, it's a self checking system so when they are out there may be no code saved..... just depends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PGas32