Stabilitrak and Traction control lights issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonGold12

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I have a 2007 that is throwing the Stabilitrak and Traction control light and saying they are disabled. This has started to come up AFTER the truck was recently aligned.
I can't tell if the alignment is tripping these sensors or not, but it only seems to disable the ABS and stabilitrak when I get up to highway speeds. Driving around town for 30+ min is no problem. Moment I hit the interstate and drive for 2-3 miles at 70MPH+ the lights and messages return. They go away once the car is turned off, there is NO CEL or codes on the ECU. I've heard that a bi-directional scanner could help, but I don't have one at the moment.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I have a 2007 that is throwing the Stabilitrak and Traction control light and saying they are disabled. This has started to come up AFTER the truck was recently aligned.
I can't tell if the alignment is tripping these sensors or not, but it only seems to disable the ABS and stabilitrak when I get up to highway speeds. Driving around town for 30+ min is no problem. Moment I hit the interstate and drive for 2-3 miles at 70MPH+ the lights and messages return. They go away once the car is turned off, there is NO CEL or codes on the ECU. I've heard that a bi-directional scanner could help, but I don't have one at the moment.
you really need to get the codes, without them it's a guess and throwing parts at it.
that's the simple truth. unless you can find a VISIBLE problem, i.e pinched wire or disconnected harness etc.
AND, you will want to get those codes while the light is on, it's a self checking system so when they are out there may be no code saved..... just depends.

OP
OP
Y

YukonGold12

Reaction score
you really need to get the codes, without them it's a guess and throwing parts at it.
that's the simple truth. unless you can find a VISIBLE problem, i.e pinched wire or disconnected harness etc.
AND, you will want to get those codes while the light is on, it's a self checking system so when they are out there may be no code saved..... just depends.
Does auto zone or similar have the scanner capable of grabbing those codes? Last I checked the scanners themselves can range $400-$700.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does auto zone or similar have the scanner capable of grabbing those codes? Last I checked the scanners themselves can range $400-$700.
meh, probably not. not on the shelf anyway $400 is about where your going to be with a half way capable scanner be it a tech2 clone or autel, etc
you have to consider it a investment that pays you back over time, a couple saved trips to the dealer and you are then ahead of the game.
you used to be able to grab a clone tech2 for like $300 but they have went up a little

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Call a few parts places and ask if the scanner they use in-store (for reading customers' codes) can read those types of codes. My local Advance Auto has one that reads SRS codes, but I had to call around to find one that does. Worth a few calls; let your fingers do the walkin'.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a stabiltrac error is what made me decide to go ahead and get a tech2, it pointed me right to the problem which in my case turned out to be a loose connection on the top of the right front shock which had not been touched in 6 months.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clone tech 2 is definitely the way to go. but my 50$ topdon dongle and phone app will read all the modules on my hybrid, just not display all the live data in a way I like for quick looks so I use torque app for that. add codes are there thou.

I use this little topdon more than I thought I would, neighbor with a newer Ford truck had a battery weak enough to didn't crank. so it set tons of codes. I was able to read everything, even the hvac and radio lost communication codes. clear everything and he was good to go.

I wouldn't replace my tech 2 with only it as sometimes it crashes trying to pull freeze frame data, but that it even has the option and works for other vehicles has been handy

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
You didn't state what model truck you have. If you have the Denali, it has the Z55 active electronic suspension. When the alignment was performed, it is possible that an electrical connection was disturbed. Check the electrical wire connection on the top of each of the front strut, to ensure that they are fully inserted into the top of the shock and tight. Check the height sensors on the control arms of both sides of the front suspension to ensure that the electrical wire connection to the sensors are tight and that the small connecting rods are still connected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit

Latest posts