starter problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is the hole story: Parked my '99 two door sport hoe friday night after getting home from my oldest girl's first t-ball game (she did great, by the way). the wife calls me saturday morning about a rattle on her 4runner (turned out to be a heat shield above he muffler). so, i get in the hoe and CLICK. one click form the starter and nothing else. checked the battery, its ok. put battery charger on to jump it just in case and still the same CLICK. pulled the starter and sent it to the shop and had it rebuilt. the guy said the small post on the solenoid was bad. got a new solenoid and gear put on and should be good to go. put the starter back on this afternoon and guess what? the same damn CLICK. so now what? i have a few ideas but i don't want to start throwing parts at it.

OP
OP
S

Steve-0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank comet. i was expecting something along those lines. i will get a look at it tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts