Steering control peroblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccv1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I just installed this new radio in my car (bt. Usb. Gps... ) and at the same time uses the amplifier already install of bose. But i cant get to work the steering volume, track.... controls. Any ideas,?

At the same time i dont get the warnings of lights on and key inside.

Im lost....

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you install it yourself? Which wiring harness did you use? Did you add the steering wheel controls unit to it?

OP
OP
C

ccv1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got it install by some shop. But they look to me like there where very lost. I HAD install an arnes that connects to the original like an adaptor plus the steering control box unit. Still didnt sink.. they guys say that the box on my steering as been touch and they dont want to touch it. But the original radio works perfect.

They also made me buy that radio couse they said it was the only way of using the bose sound system amplyfier.

Any ideas?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They lied to you and did a ****** install

There's NO WAY to troubleshoot something like that over the internet. Now way to tell if it's hooked up correctly and what wires were messed with (as they said)

I would take it to a better shop

OP
OP
C

ccv1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep that is what i think soo too... the problem is that in the country that i live all the shops are very bad.... i think i may buy and universar steering control interface and try to install it my self.

Thanks for the reply...

If I buy a normal radio can i fix it to work with my bose amplifier?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep that is what i think soo too... the problem is that in the country that i live all the shops are very bad.... i think i may buy and universar steering control interface and try to install it my self.

Thanks for the reply...

If I buy a normal radio can i fix it to work with my bose amplifier?

You can have ANY radio you want. It's the wiring harness that makes it work with Bose.

The wiring harness is also what makes the chimes and warnings work. That's why you have a big issue with the wiring. Steering wheel controls and chimes/warnings don't work mean there's a wiring issue. Hopefully not bad enough to burn the truck down

OP
OP
C

ccv1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok perf i will look into it... i plug the original and everyhing works then i plug the new one and all works but steering and warnings... i think i need to find the correct conector.... i bought this one couse it fits perfect on the car (roadmaster) but is much more expensive.

Will see what i do... i will let u know thanks

I will post some pics next week when i go back home.

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
What's your car ?
on my '03 Hoe, I need two different harness. One for the BOse and chime stuff (the GMOS-04) and another one for the steering wheel remote switches (Axxess ASWC-1).
What do you have?

danniboi

Reaction score
theres a special harness to keep the on star and bose system as well as the door chime working with an aftermarket unit. For the steering wheel controls I would go for the PAC steering wheel module theyre easy to install and program thats if it doesnt need a resistor.

OP
OP
C

ccv1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I have a 2005 Tahoe with bose sistem on it. Is it hard to do..? can i do it by myself?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968