steering stabilizers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
Heya fellas,

I have an 04 yukon 4x4 that i just finished levelling out front and rear and put some 285 series tires on.

I have noticed alot more wobbling when i hit bumps and so forth , i know its typical of larger tires, but i wasnt really exepecting it from this size.
Im sure a steering stabilizer is what i need, but have any of you installed/ purchased these and where and what brands are any good? Ive only seen rancho and superlift, looks pretty straight forward but i figured id ask before dropping the dough.

thanks for the help.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm using a single stabilizer kit from KYB and it works well. Eliminated the ocassional wobble I had since I put on the larger wheels.

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
sounds like you guys need to check your suspension parts for wear before. A steering stabilizer will help get rid of the wobble, but the wobble is usually caused from pitman arms and idler arms going bad. the stabilizer is just a band aid.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Fabtech makes a kit as well I'm doing a dual setup on my truck at some point. Steering stabilizers can be a bandaid but with larger tires and no stock steering dampener it is a great upgrade and will eliminate much of the shake you experience especially at higher speeds.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get me one of these! Went through the steering parts and pieces the other day after the tires and replaced everything.

Still though at higher speed I still have a little shake. Guess this is the solution to that problem.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You guys should try Hubcentric rings along with pulling off those wheel stud washers (does not allow wheel to sit completely on rotor) too eliminate that wobble first, before moving to stabilizers, will save some money.
I still have the washers and have not yet installed the rings, so I'm hoing after I do both next week ALL steering wobble should be gone.
Remember, this is only for guys with aftermarket wheels.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys should try Hubcentric rings along with pulling off those wheel stud washers (does not allow wheel to sit completely on rotor) too eliminate that wobble first, before moving to stabilizers, will save some money.
I still have the washers and have not yet installed the rings, so I'm hoing after I do both next week ALL steering wobble should be gone.
Remember, this is only for guys with aftermarket wheels.
I dont use those stud washers. Tried everything else and the only thing that worked was the stabilizer.

Jk could we possibly see pictures of this set up ? this is something new to me.. and might consider doing it

I didnt take any pics, but if I get a chance to get underneath the truck this weekend I'll try to snap a couple pics for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfred091

Latest posts