steering stabilizers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dual fabtech one someone mentioned is what I'm going to put on next, I've noticed my damper has been giving a little more than it did when I first put it on. I guess these big heavy ass wheels really give the stabilizer a beating!

B

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
It looks like this whole wobble issue is more of an issue with the 00-06 models, over the 07 up. I could not imagine having to use stabilizers just for the barely noticable wobble I have?
Maybe the wobble is made worst for you guys by a worn suspension part(s) somewhere?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like this whole wobble issue is more of an issue with the 00-06 models, over the 07 up. I could not imagine having to use stabilizers just for the barely noticable wobble I have?
Maybe the wobble is made worst for you guys by a worn suspension part(s) somewhere?

Ya but what wheels do you have.....these bastards I think are 90lbs each that I have. Far cry from the stockers man, I was shocked when I picked the wheels up the first day fully aired up. I asked the guy, "so how much heavier than stock are these...is it much?"

Ya...its "much" LOL!

B

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
first time I had wobble I freaked out and thought my tires were horribly off balance
good thing I got buddies with big rims to tell me the woes
JK did yours really make a big difference?
like noticeably less.. do you still have any wobble?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first time I had wobble I freaked out and thought my tires were horribly off balance
good thing I got buddies with big rims to tell me the woes

I put on the same one, it was a tremeeendous difference man...night and day. I think chistoso put on the same one too and was really happy with it.

I can't seem to find the dual fabtech one now..but when I do, I'll post a link up.

B

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I smell a write up..
YO Blizzard!!!!
just found our next mod, we'll do this same day as the vette servo :)

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah man I have 24s and I know that with the tire they weigh in at about 90Lbs, about 45Lbs for the tire and then another 45Lbs -50 Lbs for the wheel.

Last edited:

1highbaldguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does anyone have the part number to the dual fabtech stabilizer? all i found was the single stabilizer FTS8002.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jk could we possibly see pictures of this set up ? this is something new to me.. and might consider doing it

Finally got around to snapping a pic:
DSC_3228.jpg

Made a big difference. The wheels seemed to bounce and wobble whenever I hit any bumps/imperfections in the road and it would transmit through to the steering wheel. Right after I installed it, all the wobble was gone. Lately I noticed it started to wobble slightly again. I got underneath the truck and noticed a couple bolts on one of the brackets for the stabilzer started coming loose. I tightened them back up and all is well again. So yeah, the stabilizer helps a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfred091

Latest posts