Steering Wheel Controls - Slow Response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kuslamb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So on my 2015 Denali XL, I have always been bothered by the response on the left side steering mounted audio controls - Specifically they are used for cycling through your favorites. The lag is at least a full second, and probably closer to two seconds to change the channel. Also, when cycling through, you have roughly one second to listen, and then the system shuts down and you have to start the process over, including the one+ second lag, to start rifling through the stations. Finally, say (for ease, just going to go numerical here) I was on XM 15, and wanted to go to XM 22, and all the channels in between were programmed favorites, I would click up 8 times to get from 15 to 22, but often what happens, is I actually land on channel 20 or 21 while, the screen shows I should have landed on 22...

Anyone else think that the controls are laggy? This never happened on my 2008 Suburban and doesn't happen on my wifes 2013 Acadia Denali... So annoying.

HoS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the lag problem with another satellite equipped vehicle.
Really annoying, one of many reasons I didn't keep the service.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine doesnt really lag it just usually goes one more or less than i want. I then reverse one time and it is where i need it to be. Not sure if it lag or doesnt respond to my first touch?

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is very slow too. And in response to someone that blamed it on XM - it is slow when cycling through FM for me as well. How do you fix this?

Quite frankly, I find the entire touch screen system to be a bit laggy... When I swipe through the different radio favorites for example, I feel like I am doing it on a 4 year old iPad.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the GMC Chat feature on their home page but the person just said to visit a GMC dealer to see if there is an update... I asked "You can't tell me if there is an update?" and his response was "There probably is"

I went to the manual but it simply says "visit www.gmc.com"

Pretty frustrating.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine lags too. The dealer is a good friend, I will check with the service mgr about an update....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
berettasr3

Latest posts