stereo help!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the old head unit (Jensen VM9311TS) out of my suburbn and put it in my yukon. I bought the harness and dash kit, for the yukon, but after install, all work except for NO SOUND. My yukon had the rear stereo controls, but I deleted them before the install. The factory unit still works after deleting rear controls, but not the Jensen..... Any suggestions???? Is there maybe a different wiring harness when the rear controls are present??? I bought the SCOSCHE GM01 as per the instruction.....

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does it need a lan turn on for the amp? Ie one is bose and one is not?

Did you hook up the bose amp turn on?

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does not have bose, that I know of..... Just a plain head unit and no bose markings on the speakers.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the smaller secondary harness, there's a pink wire that needs to be energized to turn on the stock amp. Even though your truck doesn't have the Premium BOSE system, it still has an amp. Wire your remote turn on lead from your new deck to that pink wire and that should turn on the amp and give you sound. Try that and see if that's your problem.

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try that tonight. Is this the same problem as the rear control issue? Unplug the rear stereo controls and no sound.....

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, tried that..... still nothing. Below are the pics of my wiring harness. The wire on the outside is a red/pink one. I assume this is the one you are talking about needing to jump. I haven't cut the wire yet, I just tried running it to a (HOT) point in the fuse panel. Still after doing that, no sound still. I even tried attaching the black (ground I assume) to a ground and the red to power, still nothing. Any other suggestions...... I really want to get this working so I can do a 2din mod after I get the flip out working. Don't really want to start cuttting the dasn bezel until I know I can get it working. Thanks.....

dashwiring1.jpg

dashwiring2.jpg

Raja_the_one

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe you have the wrong harness. the other 9 pin harness is for the on star ( if you have it) the correct part number is GMOS-11 from metra 2000 GMC YUKON 4DR SUV WITH STANDARD AUDIO SYSTEM. Hope this helps

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is pin 8 (orange wire) powered up also on the main harness? Your aftermarket wire harness adapter should have the blue remote turn-on wire in this location. That will need to be hooked up also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
le frog