still cant get my wheels to stop shaking :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cocotits

Reaction score
I've had this issue , same rims too. First bought they shook bought used. Had to have rebalanced, they were using small weights which needed many to get the job done, which I ended up having them use large weights not a million little ones. Also after having them for a bit I had to straighten out dents. Did this with a 2x4 n 10lb sledge lol. But my shake is gone now. Btw Ull see dents on the inside lip of the rim the one facing the underside of truck. Notice them easy if you have em.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make double and triple sure that the brake rotor retaining clips have been removed from the wheel studs. Its just a thin metal clip to hold the brake rotor on. The stock wheels have small indentations around each lug hole to allow room for the clips. When using aftermarket wheels you need to use some needlenose pliers and rip the clips off or you will have major wheel shaking.

OP
OP
W

WhiteHoe.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got it fixed today. Found out that the dumb asses have been trying to balance them with the old weights still on there. So before I took Them up there I took all of the weights off. And now it's fixed after themvscrewing me out of like 240$.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it fixed!! I had this same problem, still kinda do, but that's front end linkages that's gettin fixed. Anyways, You have to tell the balancing place to FORCE BALANCE your wheels next time. What they do to big rigs. Ensures a correct balance. After my first issue, I always make the shop do it now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
le frog