stock amp location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2002 yukon where is the stock amp located? and it does not have the bose system it has the rear subwoofer though

Did you ever find it. I am wanting to do an amp bypass.

Sub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 2002 models that are not Denali, the amplifier is mounted vertically behind the glove box. Drop down the glove box by squeezing in the sides of the glove box walls until the back tabs ciear the stops, and the amplifier will be visible as a large aluminum heat sink with a single connector plugged into the left side of it.

If you your 2002 Yukon XL is a Denali, with RPO code Y91, then the amplifier is behind the left rear quarter panel trim. This is the same trim panel where the subwoofer is, only the amp is mounted on a separate bracket ahead of the wheel well. You can access the wiring without pulling the entire panel by simply lifting the snap in tray where the jack and jack tools are located, on top of the left rear wheel well. The Denali amp has two harness connectors, facing the rear.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no need for bypass

Did you ever find it. I am wanting to do an amp bypass.

you dont need to by pass the amp if your just installing an aftermarket deck just make sure connect the power ant wire in the harness that will turn the stock amp on
if your doing aftermarket deck speakers and amp your aftermarket speaks are going to go straight to aftermartket amp and dont connect the power ant wire in the harness

Angela

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 chevy tahoe i found my factory amp with the wires clipped on top of my sub in the back of my tahoe don't know where it goes (when I bought the tahoe the sound worked and then cut out only comes on every once in a blue moon) I was trying to figure out why and what was going when I found it. Can you tell me were it's supposed to be located at and possibly why my factory radios sound keeps cutting out like this?