strange rattle from front end...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been meaning to post this... but I have been getting a rattle sound when i go over rough roads. It reminds me of when my caps on my wheels (back in the day) would be loose. Same type of sound.

If I take the bump with the brakes applied, there is no noise.

The brakes themselves make no noise when applied...

Any thoughts???

And it was doing it before I lowered her, so I do not think it had to do with that.

sully

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like your intermediate steering shaft. Can you feel it in your steering wheel?

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope... only thing I can do to effect the noise is to slightly press brakes...

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it sounds like a couple of nuts and bolts in a coffee can? I bet it's your brake pads loose in the caliper. Mine does the same thing. The dealer doesn't seem to be able to fix it under warranty, so I'm just putting up with it until I get new brakes.

yukon510

Reaction score
interesting, mines does the same thing but i figured its nothing too bad right? lol, see a lot of yukon and hoes around my area and I've noticed the same thing...

for you kon and tahoe gurus, you know when you pull in a driveway you hear your car engine/noise better..i hear a slight rattle coming from the front-end/engine area..wth can it be? :shocked:kinda sounds like heat-shield or something anyone with similar issue?

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a bit late but I found out that if you replace the calipers and dont insert the rubber isolators in with the caliper slide bolts that it will wiggle and make that noise. with the truck on the ground and not pressing the brake, grab the caliper and see if you can move it around, if so, then its either worn out rubber isolators or they are flat out missing. my "loaded" caliper brackets didnt have them installed and it took a week to finally figure it out. the constant wobble of the caliper wore the pads out at an angle and needed to be replaced in addition to the caliper.

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
caddys doing the same thing, kinda makes me feel like I'm driving a pos! its like, your just rollin with the windows down tunes a jammin on the smooth road, then you hit a bump and start looking for parts on the road. hey Jenna could take look in the performance section at the end of the ''less expensive eletric fan set up'' i posted a question i think you would know the answer to just didn't start a new thread about it. might make people go nuts if they saw another fan question lol!

Last edited:

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine does the same thing but mine sounds and looks like its comming fom the actual brake pedal, because when i went over a rough road and looked down at the pedal it was shaking vigorously but as soon as i put my foot barely on the pedal it quit

grayhoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahahahahaha wow love these forums!!! mine has been doing if ever since i replaced my fog lights in. i thought it was them. but then notice when i applied the brake it stopped!

well glad to know what the problem really is!! (after 6 months of cling cling cling cling!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa