Strike??? Thoughts, insights, predictions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The quality of the newer generations of these vehicles is suffering. Some due to engineers and designers and some due to the assembly line workers. Give me a GMT800 any day of the week. I don't like the seat comfort of the 2007+ rigs and don't need the 100 different ways to have a French tickler available at the press of a button.
Agreed!

marcmarshall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The factory workers are asking for a >40% over raise over 4 years, a shorter work week and more benefits. HUH? What universe are they in? Thier job is better than almost any other labor job around, if they don't like it they are free to just quit and go try it somewhere else, Good Luck. I buy American but I won't continue to if Labor gets away with this.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory workers are asking for a >40% over raise over 4 years, a shorter work week and more benefits. HUH? What universe are they in? Thier job is better than almost any other labor job around, if they don't like it they are free to just quit and go try it somewhere else, Good Luck. I buy American but I won't continue to if Labor gets away with this.
You won't be able to afford too. If all this goes thru with the UAW, avg price of a vehicle will bump 100K most likely.....100k?? I'll buy a Loaded Highlander and keep it 10-15 years. I won't own many more vehicles and crap like this will insure it.....

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you justify a union when they are asking for a 4 day work week of 32 hours worked and want to still receive 40 hours pay and 5 weeks paid vacation.
I was treated well my a trade union when I was young and I greatly appreciated a 36 hour work week, but we got paid for the hours worked and not a "gimme". Time off is a benefit in it's great asset without being paid to have it. Where is the pride in working?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was treated well my a trade union when I was young and I greatly appreciated a 36 hour work week, but we got paid for the hours worked and not a "gimme". Time off is a benefit in it's great asset without being paid to have it. Where is the pride in working?
Too many kids are being raised by a younger generation that believes in getting all they can "with little to no effort" on their part. Too many think that the government owes them something. Most of the kids entering the work force are spoiled rotten and think they are owed something, just like their parents. I feel for the ones that work hard for their money because this world/country is going to hell. I will be dead when it all comes down but the younger crowd have to "reap what they sow".

I make side money from the neighborhood block on the vehicles they pay me to fix. I have, and will continue to, offer to show the younger kids in the family, how to diagnose and repair the family vehicles and even the driving teenager's vehicles, and have only been taken up on that ONE TIME. IMO, that is pitiful.

One fine example of the younger generation laziness, is readily apparent here on this forum. How many times have we all had to labor through a posted thread by a member that is using all lower case, no periods or question marks, poor spelling and punctuation..............and on and on and on and on. I get lost trying to make heads or tails of the question/concern/context.

You watch. Someone will get their feelings hurt because of this statement and complain. Sometimes, the truth hurts. Man oh man, it is an observation for criminy sakes.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
i'm just waiting to see how much prices end up going up for both new or used, while this mess gets sorted
Yes, new goes up because of the agreements reached and when the public cannot afford the new vehicles, the used vehicle market surges.

Does the UAW union control the workers at the Toyota assembly plants in the states?

vinbart

Reaction score
I predict that the price of new cars will go up if the strike lasts for a long time. The big three will run low in inventory and the other OEMs will see demand spike. Then we'll be back to 2021 pricing for used cars... argg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate