Sub wont play after changing hu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 02 tahoe non bose system w/o onstar. I changed the stock hu for a aftermarket hu. I don't have any sound from factory sub now. How can I fix this?

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a stock amp even without the bose system or onstar thats how mine is also. id recomend getting a small aftermarket amp and sub to replace the factory sub..to make it play with the new stereo it gets complicated because the aftermarket stereos only have the cables for the four speakers and not a sub thats what the rcas are for but the stock amp i believe doesnt have rca leads which is why i recomend going aftermarket sub setup

OP
OP
blue02

blue02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That what I was thinking, just wasn't 100% sure

OP
OP
blue02

blue02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know where the amp is , just didn't know if there was a way to get the factory sub to play

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you had splice the remote turn on wire from the head unit to the pink wire on the other harness to turn on the amp? It's been a long time so I may be wrong.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you had splice the remote turn on wire from the head unit to the pink wire on the other harness to turn on the amp? It's been a long time so I may be wrong.

correct. im setup that way for a few years now. easy and quick to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus