subs and amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave198911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i am about to do a system in my tahoe i want hard hitting bass. i plan on running two 15s and not sure what brand and as for the amp im in the same boat. i used to run 2 memphis pr 15s and a mephis pr1000d amp that hit like hell. but know im not wanting to spend as much money and was wondering whats a good cheaper brand and what do you guys have expierence with?

OP
OP
D

dave198911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im thinking 400 tops for amp and subs and i know thats not alot but ive guys hit hard and sound decent with cheap stuff. i just dont know if i can bring myself to spending money on stuff like lanzar or legacy...

TheDream

Reaction score
That's a tough one. I just got a smoking deal on an ARC Audio 300.4 amp and am extremely happy with it. ARC Audio is a somewhat new brand but it was started by the same guy that started zapco. I would see if you could get one of their amps in your price range.

As far as the 400 to spend goes, I think it can be done and it will hit hard...but usually in my experience systems that hit hard for cheap do exactly that, hit hard. They don't sound good. I spent $530 for my system but I got everything at wholesale prices and my system sounds outstanding. If I were you I would try to see if you can get any connections who can get good quality items cheap for you. Or maybe get one expensive piece now and one cheap one with the intention of switching out the cheap one in a few months?

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tbh, for 400 i would scope craigslist

when i first got my license (2 yrs ago) i had looked on craigslist and founr an mtx with a nice amp that i regret selling, but a very nice set up for 110

i sold that to my buddy and had found 2 10in type rs and a rockford fosgate amp for 125 (******* amazing, again, i regret selling)

but what im saying is for 400 bucks, you could do a lot with craigslist, or even buy an amp off there and get the subs brand new, i know a lot of hifonics amps get tossed up there for decently cheap, and if you stick with the zues series you'll do rated

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea with only $400 I would also keep your eyes open on cl. If you look long enough you will find some good deals. It took me a month of searching but I eventually found the subs I wanted that are $1200 new for $300 in a nice box from some guy that listened to classic rock but didnt have room for them in his new mustang

OP
OP
D

dave198911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank for all the input those bundle packages it what ill probably wind up going with if i have no luck with craigslist

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn, i would kill to have that infinity kappa one amp

thing is like sex to me haha

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank for all the input those bundle packages it what ill probably wind up going with if i have no luck with craigslist

CL, just be careful...used audio gear, sometimes you don't know what you have until you buy it....at least with the kits I showed, is new, and has a warranty. CL, you get nothing. Buyer beware is all I am saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus